The security alarm industry is a growing field. People are looking for ways to protect themselves, homes and families from fire, break-ins and other concerns. Plus, technology is making it so that security alarms are more efficient and effective than ever. However, there are more players in this field than ever too, so it is important to do everything you can to build your customer base and reach the “right” people, who may turn into customers. One of the top tools for marketing today is social media. Utilizing social media as a marketing tool is not that hard, once you understand the basics. Check out these tips to help you get your name out there and build a following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other popular platforms.
- Build Great Profiles – If you want success on social media, you need a profile (or profiles) that support your business. Take the time to build a profile with your logo, contact information (a place for reviews, if desired) and other important elements. Not only will this give you a great social media base, but it creates “SEO power” for your company. If built correctly, these profiles are likely to show up when potential customers are searching for alarm services in your local area, sending interested customers your way time and time again.
- Share Useful Content – Once you have profiles built, use these to share useful and interesting content. Don’t spam your followers. Instead, make sure you are providing a service. In doing this, your posts are much more likely to be shared and will gain you new followers and traction in the alarm community. Your name will become associated with something positive. Don’t forget the hashtags (#personalsecurity) to help get the word out too.
- Communicate – Look for questions, both on your own profiles and off, that you can answer. Don’t allow things to get over-promotional – provide a valuable service for those who follow you. You’ll gain traction on social media by being active and your name will become known by more and more people.
- Consider Paid Ads – While social media marketing can be a completely free venture, there is another side to it. Most of the big social media sites allow you to purchase paid ads. These can be quite affordable and allow you to very-specifically target the consumers you desire. This can be an excellent way to build your followers and add people to your mailing lists. Check out the options and consider using this as part of your marketing plan.
- Streamline Posting – Social media marketing may seem like a time-consuming process. However, it doesn’t have to be. Look at the programs available to make social media easier and more automated. HootSuite is one of the original programs, but there are many others where you can front load your posting and let the automation take over for you.
The most important thing to keep in mind when it comes to social media marketing is that you must stay active. This isn’t a “one time” deal like launching a newspaper ad. If you want the best results, you’ll need to keep posting, stay active and never forget that your client base is always changing. If you’ll do that, you’ll get the best possible results from your social media marketing campaign and reap the rewards in terms of a revitalized sales pipeline.